Basic Tour Rules
The Basic Rules For All Tours...
- Our tours are designed for the enjoyment of all, and our guides trained to ensure that everyone has a good time.
- At all times follow the instructions issued by your guide.
- At Tuatara Tours we have a strict environmental code. Please put your litter in the rubbish or recycle bin in each vehicle or pack it out with you.
- Ensure on every morning of the tour have your compulsory clothing and gear with you as it speeds things up if you don’t have to unpack your luggage to retrieve it.
- Drink plenty of water even on dull cool days. Your guide always has plenty of water to replenish your supply.
- Keep your energy levels up by eating enough to sustain you. If you are struggling talk to your guide immediately. Dont wear yourself out.
- Ensure you are completely happy with the way the guide has briefed you and you fully understand what is expected
- If the pace is too fast you must say so, alternatively if you find the going too slow also talk to the guide about it
- Using a walking pole can save up to 15% of your energy. That is substantial! We recommend that everyone uses a pole irrespective of their abilities.
- If you can feel a pressure point on your either of your feet this is likely to be a blister in the making. Speak up early and most times we can stop the blister forming.
- If there is something that is bothering you whilst on tour, please talk to your guide about it. Dont stay quiet, be upfront with the guide as sometimes they may be unaware there is even a problem.
- If for some reason you are unable to solve the problem, at any time during the tour you may call our office on 0800 377 378 and confidentially talk the problem through.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint please contact our office and we can register your complaint and provide you with an official form to fill out